One of the most essential aspects of survival is traveling. Whether it is to learn a new culture or to just reconnect with ourselves, or spend time with our families and making memories with friends, travelling can fulfill your every need. Escaping from the hectic lifestyle and spending few days with your family can give you utmost refreshment, and you can explore some new places with family and friends.
One thing that you need during your travel is a suitable backpack. The travel backpack itself tells many stories which make choosing the right travel backpack a necessity. But choosing the right backpack is a daunting task because you cannot travel with a large backpack and you cannot even travel with such backpack by air. Similarly, you need to choose a backpack which is durable, water resistant and having enough space to accommodate your belongings.
Nowadays, there are various types of backpacks available online and you can easily choose a cheap one to save your cost. But, you need to choose a backpack according to your requirements. For example, you can choose a small one for solo travel, or you can go for a branded backpack for your whole family. You need to do some researches before you choose a backpack and you can get adequate information from online.
What is a travel backpack?
A travel backpack is simply a rucksack that is of the correct size for carrying the bare minimum and travel light. When it comes to traveling, it is best to travel light and fast especially if you are a solo traveler.
Lugging suitcases and hiring cars is not preferred by many so selecting the correct backpack becomes essential as this backpack will be your companion for years to come. This backpack is also a health investment because the incorrect one will result to back pain and spinal problems in the long run.
How to choose the correct travel backpack?
Where you are traveling and how you prefer to travel plays an important role when you are selecting a travel backpack. With so much variety, it sometimes can get confusing about knowing what exactly you should look for. here are a few tips on choosing the correct travel backpack:
• The material of the bag is the first point you need to consider. While there is a plethora of choices, the best way to assure your peace of mind and safety is opting for the water resistant ones. Water resistant travel backpacks not only prevents the water from being soaked inside the back but you cannot feel musty with these backpacks.
This also makes you ready to trek during monsoons, and you can choose a backpack designed with treated nylon. Although travelling or trekking during monsoon is not a wise idea, but you cannot predict the climate during a trek. So you must be prepared and choose a backpack which is semi-waterproofed.
• Safety is the second concern for every traveler. Thus, looking for lockable zippers will be a good investment for the safety of your backpacks and yourself. You can find double zip system in these backpacks. This will ensure that each compartment have their own tiny lock which will keep your stuff inside free from dust.
• Imagine you are trekking in the wilderness, and while you might be all about survival in the jungle, your fellow travelers may not see an eye to eye on this. Also, basic hygiene dictates you change your undergarments every day. So, you might carry two pairs of jeans and a few shirts but carrying an equal amount of undergarments is a must.
And while you have taken all these precautions, stuffing used garments with the fresh ones beats the cause. So you need to choose a backpack which has multiple compartments. Apart from clothes, these packs are well equipped to have smaller sections dedicated to gadgets, toiletries, first aid and other miscellaneous items.
• Belts and locks too play a crucial role in traveling. While padded shoulder straps and back will ensure comfort, a waist lock will guarantee equal distribution of weight and prevents the shoulders from bearing the whole weight of the backpack. This feature will be felt mostly when you are trekking uphill.
• Internal frames are another feature that ensures maximum comfort and minimum risk to injuring your back. These internal frames are a metal structure that lines the back of your backpack, which makes it rest on your back. This frame provides a structure to the bag and ensures that this rigidity provides optimum support while traveling.
Why should You invest in a travel backpack?
Many avoid loading their backs with a backpack especially if they are unsure of the amount of time they will spend walking. The sensible option for many seems the carry suitcase with the roller feature for rugged terrains.
Firstly, no matter how advanced the wheels may be, there is always the effect of injuring your elbows and shoulders while dragging the suitcase. Secondly, the backpacks with proper padding will become your best friend.
• The very first point will be the look and style factor. Gone are the days of strollers and trolleys. Travel is an experience you should have with your soul without worrying about sweating and dragging. So you need to choose something which looks great, and you can get enough storage along with the proper back supports from these backpacks.
• Security is also enhanced with these backpacks. Not only are they always with you, but the lockable zippers and the option to add a mesh covering with a lock will make sure you are secured well.
• With the multiple paddings at the shoulders, back and hips, these new backpacks will not let you feel the load at all.
• A backpack will not be only for travel. You can use it for everyday commute too, be it to your college or office. Selecting a neutral style will make it versatile.
Be it a simple run of the mill backpack or one that has been custom designed for you, investing in a travel backpack will be one of the best decisions of your life. It also makes for a great gifting idea especially if you are presenting it to someone who loves to travel.